Position: Research & Evaluation Intern (Paid Internship – $20 per member survey administered)
Department: Grameen PrimaCare
Reports to: Director, Research & Evaluation
Hours: Part-Time (10-20 hours a week) and 6-month commitment (minimum)
Grameen PrimaCare (GPC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide underserved women with innovative and comprehensive health care programs that combine high-quality primary care, wellness services and health education, thereby empowering them to lead healthier lives and realize their full potential as business owners, mothers and community members. GPC is affiliated with Grameen America, a micro-finance organization founded by Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus, empowering low-income populations to overcome poverty by providing financial resources.
This position requires a motivated self-starter to assist with evaluation activities at Grameen PrimaCare. Areas of research/evaluation will include, but are not limited to, exploratory research determining issues around barriers to medical access, health status and healthy behaviors, and determine health-related expenses incurred by Grameen VidaSana members.
Research and evaluation activities will include primary data collection through surveys assessments and focus groups. This position will provide training in the areas of survey administration, data collection and research/evaluation design.
- Coordinate and administer survey assessments
- Perform data entry/data cleaning
- Contribute to data reports
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Undergraduates and Post-baccalaureates are welcomed to apply; MPH and Masters-level students preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational ability, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to Jackson Heights, Queens for evaluation assessments
- Previous experience in health services research and focus group coordination a plus
- Available 2-3 days per week includes evening hours and weekend
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate “GPC Research Intern” in subject of e-mail.