Vision & Mission
Grameen PrimaCare envisions a world where access to high quality, affordable and comprehensive healthcare is a reality for all people. Our mission is to provide underserved women from low-income immigrant communities with a high-quality, affordable primary care and health promotion program, empowering them to lead healthier lives.
- Focus on empowering women through peer support and learning.
- Promote health engagement and active participation, not just access to healthcare.
- Build on the peer support and capacity mobilization of Grameen organizations.
- Ensure inclusivity and affordability.
- Achieve financial independence as a prerequisite to sustainability and scale.
- Use external resources when needed, but maintain a strong relation with GVS team.
- Focus on health promotion and prevention to achieve healthy lifestyles.
- Integrate social determinants of health and build member resources to address them.
- Evaluate processes and results to adapt model and build an evidence base for influence.
- Promote collaboration within the health and community development systems.
Grameen PrimaCare will:
- Improve the lives of thousands of hard-working immigrant women.
- Advance innovation by establishing a base of evidence and effective practices.
- Inform the dialogue in the USA on access to healthcare for the underserved.