Vision & Mission
Grameen PrimaCare envisions a world where access to high quality, affordable and comprehensive healthcare is a reality for all people. Our mission is provide underserved women from low-income immigrant communities with a health promotion and empowerment program that utilizes a community health worker model to create healthier lives.
- Focus on empowering women through peer support and learning.
- Promote health engagement and active participation, not just access to healthcare.
- Build on the peer support and capacity mobilization of Grameen organizations.
- Ensure inclusivity and affordability.
- Achieve financial independence as a prerequisite to sustainability and scale.
- Use existing resources and create strong partnerships in the community.
- Focus on health promotion and prevention to achieve healthy lifestyles.
- Integrate social determinants of health and build member resources to address them.
- Evaluate processes and results to adapt model and build an evidence base for influence.
- Promote collaboration within the health and community development systems.
Grameen PrimaCare will:
- Improve the lives of thousands of hard-working immigrant women in the USA.
- Create a transformative model to enhance health outcomes, increase knowledge, and boost social capital.
- Advance the dialogue in the USA on access to healthcare for the underserved.